I thought
I could do it alone..
my intelligence

my work
my time
was only necessary to take me along.

i thought that
You were not required..
bcoz
watever i did
I could see
but
whatever You do,
all Your plans
i cant see in writing
i just thought
that Your word didnt count.
Only mine counted.


Now I stand emptyhanded
all that I had done
has been
wiped away into non existance
before my very eyes
in one wave of Your hand.

All my sweat, my time, my plans
-a mockery by Your one move.

My intelligence ,my work
- nothing in the shadow of Your power

How insignificant am I..
Nothing at all am I..

I realise
that nothing
in my life
is possible
without You willing it.

After all
U are the potter
and I,the clay,
formless and shapeless,
in Your hands..
and unless You didnt will it
I would have always been like that.

I have paid a heavy price..
but the insight and realisation
I have is priceless
Let me bear this in my mind all thru out.
Let me not forget this lesson.

And now
I crawl back
wiping away tears
In Your great mercy
will You forgive me?
In
Your hands

I lay my life

Take me Your way
thru the valleys and Hills
for
my vision is myopic
my memory so shortlived

Never ever let me forget

how I started out..

Never ever let me
be arrogant of anything I have..

Never ever let me forget
how my life wud have been...
if You hadnt willed it.
if You hadnt touched it.


Comments

Tipu said…
That was beautiful kutty
David Antony said…
this was so touching!!!!!!

i could feel the feelings when i read it - i mean, i have gone thru something similar...

you are right: lives would have been different, very different - if He hadnt willed it or if He hadnt touched it!..

God bless you...

PS:came across ur blog while surfing randomly. sorry for barging in and commenting...
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jibi said…
Without that person we wont be who we were. Found my faith again reading this after a long long time. Thank you.

Popular Posts