Sometimes.

Maybe I stood behind you
in the same queue at the mall
Or..was it you who hummed away

tunelessly at the dentist's?

The first time..

when could it have been?
A morning stroll or

the last football match of the season.

Did I bump into you at a store?
Or were you the one.....

Somehow I cant seem to place you.
But why would I want to know?
Does it really matter?

I mite have known you before.
But my life is fuller
Joys more complete
Sorrows lighter
from the days the paths met.

Its a mystery,
so difficult to fathom,
where explanations fall short.
Here logic fails...
Reason has no answers to offer.

Can I draw an analogy?
Aren't we like the two raindrops
that journeyed from the gates of Heaven
like so many others
Only to soak the same parched earth?

Were you there all along?
Did destiny script it?
Or is it a game played well by chance?
I can never know.

But does it really matter?
How,where,when and why
the stars conspired
to author this new beginning..

Yet I dont quit.
I still wonder.

And..
Sometimes I do see the stars winking at each other..

Comments

nice one...
but i think u have to increase the font size...
David Antony said…
like the two raindrops
that journeyed from the gates of Heaven
like so many others

this analogy is perfect!!!

u hav a nice way with words and with wrapping up ur imagination with words....

Popular Posts