Have u reclaimed a friendship? Have u got a 'lost and found' friend? Did someone (u never thought would be your friend) suddenly stretch their hand forward in friendship?

You just couldnt seem to figure out what went wrong.. You could have been best buddies or just acquaintances, but lost contact over time, either purposely or unknowingly. Has it happened to you?

Have you lost an earring? It might not have been your favourite. But still you wonder about it, when you see the remaining one of the pair. Maybe, much to your surprise, you find it after many days. You treasure it from then on..vowing never to loose it again...If this is how you feel about something so trivial, then how much more is it to stumble upon a person you had given up on...

What does it do to you? So much of anxiety, anger, hatred and perturbed feelings just disappear into thin air. You replace it all with a smile you give that person. You are not scared of running into that peron in hallways...You just feel lighter..like a warm cloud!

Do I sound like I am quoting something out of the Bible?

Well it happened to me recently.. an unexpected turn of events.. I haven't felt better before. I am trying to make up for the days I lost..treasuring the friend so that I dont loose sight of him/her again:)


Thought underlying this post:

Rediscover the lost pearls..they shimmer in your otherwise dark days..

Comments

David Antony said…
rediscovering some lost pearls - i am in the process of doing so too! :-)

Well, yes, this has happened to me too - meeting a long lost friend - someone whom i had given up on!

Thoughtful write-up.....

Happy Writing!
Madhuri said…
Me too me too :)... In both earring and friend... Im not much of an earring fan... But agree fully - catching up with an old friend or finding out that a dispute was non-existant, is an awesome feeling.... Great write :)...
Pearl said…
I want to be rediscovered as the lost pearl! I am tired of people I keep bringing back in my life for them to never discover that they were missing out on something as much as I was.
I suspect all of us writers write because we are careaholics...and when we cant shove that extra care onto the world we bring out that outrageous care for the world in our writings...one way or the other the lost pearls don't bother~

Popular Posts