The City

No letter do i have
I tore the photo into bits once
No tangible memory of yours
do I have in possession.
That jacket, the dress and the earrings,
little gifts you showered on me,
all those I can bury away.
It really is not too difficult to discard
but wat stays with me,
wat I fear might never leave me,
all wat i have wid me
to remind me of you are
uncountable places
that cross my everyday path
unavoidable faces
that smile at me
my very means of living..
all are so entangled within the
labyrinth of precious memories I am lost in.
Every moment today
and for how much longer I do not know
gifts me with memories of
bygone dear moments
we spent.

They dont leave my eyes.
They dont spare my imagination.

I wait at the bus stop.
Months before, everyday at 10am, I would wait for your call.
I pass the park
A year back, we spent an evening so dear to my heart.
I eat at the cafeteria
Countless days we waited for the other there.
I see people talking
We too shared our dreams of our unseen, unsure future
built upon our mutual hopes and unfailing love.
Our friends
we shared
Ways
we walked
Mails
we sent

Nothing gives my mind a respite
They swear to haunt my heart forever


When u tell me
'You have to understand'
I try to..
but every memory
clouds my reasoning, my practicality,
crushes the little strength I try to build up,
mocks the resolve I try to stick to.

Sooner or later,
I see myself
gather my bags hurt and lost
to go away
from
this city i grew used to..
For
this city gave me you
and in
this city
You pursue me
even in your absence.
This city i shud leave!
Only then will I know, if forever with me you will stay..

Comments

David Antony said…
hey Jita... this one is awesome++ :-)

anyone reading this can feel the emotions... it is so simple yet so heart-touching.. must say, you have a great talent of putting emotions to words.. keep writing :-)
Skinsleuth said…
Poignant is the word that comes to my mind after reading this.

Hi, I'm Shraddha. David passed me the link to your blog. This is good stuff. Keep it up! :-)
Jibi said…
Stirs up lots of emotions and memories, this one. They say you have to let go to see if it finds its way back to you. But letting go, well thats the hardest part yet everybody forgets to mention that.

Popular Posts